.
.
.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Stridulum





















STRIDULUM - ZOLA JESUS
It's not Kate Bush or Diamanda or Siouxsie or all the other girls she gets mentioned with. Dropping the power electronics but none of the feeling.. these songs are better than any I've heard for a very long time.






















NEW AMERYKAH PART ONE - ERYKAH BADU
I know she has a new record out, but I can't stop listening to this one! Erykah is one of the very very few people out there truly doing what can easily be called the future. Last week I played this about five or six times in a row. "Me" and "Soldier" get me every single time.





















IRM
- CHARLOTTE GAINSBOURG

My best friend.





















LOVE COMES CLOSE
- COLD CAVE

Ground zero. Desert island bliss. Peerless and life-changing.






















S/T - THE XX
I never get tired of this, it is something I can play and play and play again and it always sounds better than the last time. Really, it's just perfect.























BLACKSUMMER'S NIGHT - MAXWELL
So sophisticated and just so beautifully written, this is what I imagine early '90's highrise cocktail parties sounded like.






















I WILL BE - DUM DUM GIRLS
I hesitated with this one at first, but finally gave in. Even though it is short, it does get a bit much toward the end. It sounds best when you're getting ready to go.























HUNTINGTON ASHRAM MONASTERY - ALICE COLTRANE
I could never choose one Alice album as a favorite, but this one has been suiting me really well lately. It just seems to play and play forever. Fluid is an understatement.






















MOSES - ELIZABETH FRASER
I know I've written about this already, but I just can't get enough.























A SUFI AND A KILLER - GONJASUFI
Speaking of the future, I think this is right up there with Erykah. Worldbeat psychedelic soul music at its best.























TEEN DREAM - BEACH HOUSE
This is so lush and romantic and lazier than any summer I've ever known. Good for long bus rides, Echo Park, or getting ready for bed.
























AMOURS DES FEINTES - JANE BIRKIN
My favorite Jane Birkin album. It doesn't get any better than this.
























THA CARTER III - LIL WAYNE
My most-listened-to record the past few months. Deeper than the oceans, all of them.













JJ Nº 1 / JJ Nº 2 / JJ Nº 3 - JJ
All-time classics. Words won't do.

No comments:

Post a Comment