.
.
.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Illuminance

Four things I'm in love with right now.





























Rinko Kawauchi

This woman can do no wrong. I can't even think of the last time I've been so taken with anybody's work. Her photographs make everything else seem incomplete. If you're in LA, Skylight Books on Vermont has a few of her books right now, otherwise Foil might be your best bet. Her latest book, Illuminance, was published by Aperture earlier this year. These images will change your life.



















Clube Da Esquina by Milton Nascimento & Lô Borges
This album is constantly surprising me with its depth, beauty, and distant innervisions. Life-affirming and gorgeous.




My Dinner With Andre by Louis Malle
Probably the coziest movie ever made. The conversations are endless, but the effect is universal.




We All Go Back To Where We Belong by R.E.M. starring Kirsten Dunst
This video makes the R.E.M. breakup kind of sad and makes me want to download Up and New Adventures In Hi-Fi. Kirsten is sensational.

No comments:

Post a Comment