.
.
.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Come With Me

COME WITH ME

Eight places in Los Angeles I don't think I could live without.

















MOZZA OSTERIA

6602 Melrose Avenue

The Cacio E Pepe Bavette and Burrata with leeks vinaigrette & mustard breadcrumbs are my faves, but do not leave without trying the Bombolini served with mountain huckleberry compote and vanilla gelato.


















THE VARNISH

118 E Sixth St

A beautiful speakeasy just down the street from me. The most relaxing place I know of here aside from Rancho Palos Verdes. They also make the best Cable Car in town.




















GJELINA

1429 Abbot Kinney Boulevard

My newest favorite on this list and a place I cannot wait to get back to. The bar houses the greatest light fixture I have ever seen. The pizza with nettles, ricotta, Fresno chile, garlic, Pecorino & green olive oil is perfection. Worth a trip to the Westside any day.

















CHATEAU MARMONT

8221 West Sunset Boulevard

How it can be so quiet outside here at night is beyond me, but this is one of the best places to go completely incognito and escape the city below.



















CASA BIANCA
1650 Colorado Boulevard

Not only the best pizza in Eagle Rock, but the best pizza in all of Los Angeles. I've yet to find anything better. You can't go wrong with a place where they cut their pizza into a star.




















LABREA BAKERY

624 South La Brea Avenue

Nancy Silverton's bread and cookies are hard to beat, but the Summer Camp Coffee Cake is the best thing to be found here.
















INTELLIGENTSIA

3922 West Sunset Boulevard

The best six dollar cup of coffee around and the perfect Sunday morning getaway. The muffins and scones are delicious to boot.



























M CAFE DE CHAYA

7119 Melrose Avenue

Order anything- you can't go wrong. Macro and delicious. I never leave without the Celery Root Remoulade.

No comments:

Post a Comment