.
.
.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Julie Verhoeven For Vuitton


















Julie Verhoeven
For Louis Vuitton
Spring/Summer 2002

I remember first seeing these in Vogue or W or Harper's when they first came out. They immediately struck me as one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. Fairytales and animals made out of LV patchwork- it was just too much. My favorite is the monogram castle in the lower right photo, just incredible. She later did a video project for Fischerspooner (circa Emerge) and the cover for Kate Moss and Primal Scream's Some Velvet Morning single. More recently, she took on the Medusa for Versace Spring 2009, but I don't think anything ever topped her appliques for Louis Vuitton. I only wish I could find images of the entire collection.. Pure magic.













No comments:

Post a Comment